Friday, August 29, 2014

Yet another week down

Week 3 was rather tough.

A little fatigue started kicking in but I managed to counter it.
My thoughts went wild once again and had half-success in stopping it.

The things I see everyday plagues my mind.
The main reason being that I see everyone heads down on their phone every time.
Also I see people unable to pay attention to their food they eat.
They had to simultaneously eat and reply messages at the same time.
All the taste is lost, don't you think?

Today is Friday. After classes, I went down to Plaza Singapura to catch Lucy by myself.
I've heard negative comments about this movie.
However, it doesn't stop me from watching it.


Well, one reason being that Scarlett Johansson is the lead.
She's my favourite actress this time around.
After reading some of her interview questions on IMDB, I concluded that she's a strong willed person.
She is someone who I am envious of.

Secondly, the movie is about cerebral stuff and that means BIOLOGY!
Man, my interest is biology is so great! And the starting scene showed MITOSIS!
100% Cerebral function - that has got to do with evolution.

These two reasons are enough for me to catch the movie no matter what comments I've heard.

Sure enough, I've enjoyed it. Thanks to Luc Besson!
Oh, there was another scene where Lucy (Scarlett Johansson) was rewinding and fast forwarding time!
I knew that 100% has to do with our cells BENDING TIME!
Love those Physics theories applied in this film.

After watching Lucy, I headed to times bookstore and read this book titled "Mindfulness on the Go".


It really expanded my views.
With it, I finally understood our parents' traditional views on table etiquette.
With it, I also finally understood Nike's slogan "Just Do It".

Finally, this is one achievement that I've LONGED to attain.
Communicating with girls.
In just 2 days, I was able to speak with girls without a problem.
It happened so naturally, like a simple every day task.
I really don't know how I managed it but it just happened.
Partly have to thank the group work which some modules gave us.
And also my courage to speak up when a girl sat beside me.

During the last 2 semesters, I always had the fear of speaking the first word to a girl.
Now that I know I am capable, I have to stay this way.

So, zenhabits was all about mindfulness. I have to keep practicing it.

Breathe.

Yes, that one word is everything to mindfulness.
This moment, now, is everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment